Melbourne Cup Luncheon at Linton Gardens
Tuesday 5th November 2019
“Champagne cocktail upon arrival” 11.00am
Silver Selection Menu
Select Two from Each Course, to be served alternatively
Freshly baked bread roll and butter for each of your guests
Sirloin Béarnaise or pepper
Grain fed sirloin slow roasted and topped with traditional French tarragon sauce or the traditional brandy & pepper cream sauce
Chicken supreme Pompadour
Chicken breast topped with orange and grand mariner sesame seed glaze
Oven baked seasonal fish fillet and shrimps topped with lemon and parsley mornay sauce
Braised leg of lamb in a rich red wine, black pepper, cranberry and mint sauce
Pork loin topped with creamy mushroom and port sauce and served with Caramelized apple ring
Chicken breast served with traditional French Dijon mustard and tarragon cream sauce
Large field mushroom filled with fried red onion ,ground pork and beef and topped with Provencale sauce
Sticky Date Pudding
Traditional Sticky pudding smothered with home made butterscotch sauce
Cheesecake of the Day
Flavour of your choice (Chocolate, Passionfruit, Raspberry, Mango, Cookie and Cream, Caramel )served with Chantilly Cream Raspberry Coulis
Large Wedges of traditional meringue served with lashing of fresh cream and seasonal fruit
Choux pastry filled with grand Mariner Crème patisserie and topped with rich chocolate sauce
Light Italian Dessert of mascarpone Crème cheese and sponge finger soak in Coffee Liquor
Fresh Fruit and Ice Cream
Seasonal fresh fruit served with a scoop of ice cream
Chocolate Mud Cake
Lovely wedges of rich chocolate mud cake served with Chantilly cream and Raspberry Coulis
Apple and Almond Strudel
Cinnamon, Sultana and almond-infused apple wrapped in filo pastry served with Chantilly Cream
Raspberry and Apple Crumble
Individual old fashion apple and raspberry crumble served with cinnamon-infused Chantilly cream
or select 3 courses at $45.00pp for a Group
We see fashion trends everywhere, they come and go, fast and flashy, they bring a sense of newness and leave a desire for the next great thing.
Weddings are not strangers to fashion, and how a wedding´s image is designed is of paramount importance given that a wedding is a once in a lifetime event. A wedding is a unique event simply because the couple involved is unique and the wedding should highlight that uniqueness.
A great wedding done right should be one to remain in the memories and hearts of all present long after the last toast. At Linton Gardens, in New South Wales, we specialise in creating unforgettable wedding ceremonies designed around the most beautiful fashion trends that will surely provide enduring life-long memories.
In the coming months of 2019, there are a few things to watch for in wedding trends.
- Tense, dark colour palettes, to contrast with the romanticism of flowers, soft textures and bright, happy photographs.
- Classic is always new. Sometimes a fashion trend is eternal and never goes out of style: traditional silver candlesticks, crystal stemware, and monogrammed linen.
- Wedding cakes with a bang. This year, bold cakes making a loud statement about what the happy couple wants to say are one of the significant trends around.
- Royalty inspired flower décor. A big and daring flower arrangement surrounding doors, for example, will be a definite hit.
- Vellum accents for invitations and place cards, calligraphies or painted with original and appropriate art.
- Changes in the wedding set-up. We are seeing the traditional linear set-up evolving to other arrangements like the round ceremony with newlyweds at the centre.
- Colourful balloon designs covering walls, columns and chairs, giving the ambience a feel of celebration like no other thing can do.
- For summer weddings the strong fashion will be coral, pinky-orange colours in flowers, dresses and makeups.
- Velvet, in season adequate colours, is elegant, regal, and luxurious. This is another enduring classic.
- Unusual flower arrangements using wheat and pampas grass to give an overall different mood to your wedding.
- Handwritten, personalised, place cards, are a delicate note to the tables.
- Artists’ illustrations. This is a big and sophisticated trend this year, the use of custom produced art in invitation cards, linen napkins, wedding backdrops, mementos.
- Self-assembled welcome bags in special assembly stations as part of the newlyweds’ gift for their guests.
- Eco-friendly weddings for conscious couples, intent on sending an ethical message in their most important day.
- Outdoor weddings with an indoor feel to them brought about by a set-up décor resembling a cozy and comfortable living or dining room.
- Minimalistic, clean, décor style, based on a limited colour palette with simple, artistic, flower arrangements, and wood textures.
- But minimalism is active not only in décor but also in bride wedding dresses with simple, elegant, lines and styles.
- And for grooms clear-cut, sleek, three pieces suits.
- Statement lighting displays that go beyond the simple string bulbs, based on distinctive lanterns in creative set-ups.
- Scents for a romantic atmosphere through scented candles with even the possibility for a favourite, custom made scent.
In a historic decision, one that has the potential to impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals, The Australian Parliament recently approved a bill that finally legalises marriage unions between people of the same sex.
So if you and your significant other want to take advantage of this momentous time in history and celebrate your love for each other in a union of marriage, now is the time. And that means you are going to have to plan a wedding!
Organising a same-sex wedding can be a truly liberating experience, but it will require the same meticulous attention to detail and control like every other type of celebration. Here are some pointers to help you plan the perfect gay wedding.
- Forego conventions: Planning a same-sex marriage has one HUGE advantage over more traditional unions, and that is that you can completely forget about social conventions if you so choose. Take advantage of this fact, channel limitless creativity, and celebrate EXACTLY how you wish.
- Don’t rush: Same-sex marriages have been a long time coming. You are about to embark on a journey which was impossible until very recently, there is no need to rush it! Make a detailed list of everything that needs to be taken care of, get some loved ones on board, and complete each item with care. By the time you are done, the PERFECT wedding will be just around the corner.
- Pick a Gay-friendly venue: Unfortunately, many places are still severely behind the times when it comes to compassion and acceptance. Choose a destination that allows you and your loved one to celebrate with pride.
Here at Linton Gardens in the Central Coast of New South Wales, we offer you just such a place. Rated as the #1 Winner for the Brides Choice Award 2017, we firmly believe in the importance of equality and inclusion and have complete confidence that we are the perfect place in which to celebrate your love in peace and harmony. Our tranquil gardens are the ideal spot for your picture perfect wedding, and the level of extraordinary service we provide is unrivalled in the industry.
Give us a call and ask about our various package options, such as our Elopement package, Silver wedding package, Diamond cocktail package, and the exquisite and all-inclusive Platinum package. We also offer comprehensive beverage packages and a multitude of menu options to make sure that, whatever your needs may be, here at Linton Gardens we have the solution.
You have decided to take the big step, perhaps the most significant decision in your entire life, and you can barely contain all the emotion! In short, you will live out one of the most memorable days of your life, so it is only fitting that you prepare for that day of celebration to the best of your ability.
Where do you start? How do you plan the perfect day for those people that are most special to you?
Here at Linton Gardens, we want to you give you a guiding hand on this most special of occasions so you can start the wonderfully exciting process of organising your wedding. Planning a wedding is a complicated matter and if you don’t get the basics down right, it can rapidly spiral into chaos. Follow these basic principles and ensure that everything goes smoothly from “would you marry me?” to happily ever after.
The first thing that you need to take care of is get the boring stuff over and done with. All marriages begin with a bunch of required administrative work. Papers must be filed, permits must be obtained, none of it exciting but all too necessary. This part of the process takes time, so do not get caught off guard and take care of the boring stuff early. Taking care of the paperwork at least a month before the wedding is our recommendation.
Draw up a budget
You won’t get far without a rock-solid budget. One of the first things that need to be determined to ensure the success of a wedding is how much you can spend. Most couples who get married do so for the first time, and that means that most people are inexperienced in this matter. The total cost of your wedding will depend on many factors and having a proper budget can help you save money.
Make it your own
We have all been bombarded with images of fairy tale weddings our entire lives, and so it becomes easy to settle for the classics. However, it is essential to define your personal style early on. You don’t have to settle for cookie cutter traditions; be bold and take risks. Make sure that your personality shines through. After all, it is YOUR special day.
Choose the perfect venue
Some people like to choose a date first and then find an available site; however, this is not the best way to do things. It is preferable to select the perfect venue and then choose a date that accommodates everyone involved. Ultimately, WHERE matters more than WHEN.
If you want to be inspired by the most unique surroundings, consider having your wedding in the Central Coast, New South Wales. The best of Australia’s geography convenes on the Central Coast to elevate any and all weddings. Within the central coast, one of the best wedding venues around is Linton Gardens.
Feel like a princess in your very own story when you realise that your dream wedding can take place in one of the many boutique resorts, price winning venues, and tranquil tree-lined gardens; Linton Gardens has it all.
Rated as the #1 Winner for the brides choice award 2017, if your dream wedding involves tranquil gardens, extraordinary service, exquisite food, full-bodied wines, and boundless elegance, then Linton Gardens provides you with the venue for a picture perfect wedding in the Central Coast.
$35.00 per person
min. 50 people
Honey Roasted Pumpkin soup
Presented to your table in large soup tureens
And served by the table host / ess
Freshly Oven-Baked Bread Rolls
Roast Chicken Breast & Honey Baked Ham
With Roast Potato, Kumara & Pumpkin
Peas & Gravy
Traditional Christmas Pudding
with Brandy custard
with fresh fruit and cream
Freshly Brewed Tea & Coffee
3-Hours Entertainment with DJ/MC
less than 50 people different rate
02 4372 1444
611 Wisemans Ferry Road, Somersby
Melbourne Cup Luncheon at Linton Gardens
Tuesday 5th November 2019